for Financial Services Information
1. Purposes for Obtaining Personal Information
The Council may obtain personal information for any of the following purposes.
- Undertaking mailings by the Council of information, educational materials and other publications;
- Hosting, co-hosting, supporting, sponsoring, co-sponsoring or managing composition or short essay contests, (for purposes of soliciting participants, announcing results and awarding winners by the Council);
- Hosting, co-hosting, supporting, sponsoring, co-sponsoring or managing lectures, seminars and similar activities by the Council, (for purposes of soliciting participants, providing location and related information and management of the program);
- Conducting opinion surveys by the Council;
- Distributing mailings and e-mails providing new information by the Council;
- Answering inquiries sent to the Council;
- The outsourcing by the Council of mailings, managing composition or short essay contests, managing lecture programs, conducting opinion surveys or other work relating to the above-described activities;
- Updating and improving information provided through the Web Site of the Council; and
- Other purposes clearly indicated by the Council in advance.
2. Restrictions on Use and Provision of Personal Information
Other than the cases described below, the Council will not utilize itself personal information obtained other than in connection with the purposes described above and will not disclose or provide the same to any third party without the consent of the concerned individual.
(1) As required by applicable law;
(2) In cases in which it is necessary to protect life or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the concerned individual;
(3) In cases in which it is particularly necessary to promote public health or the welfare of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the concerned individual;
(4) In cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with the implementation by a governmental agency or public body, or a person authorized by the same, of its duties as provided by law, and there is a risk that the obtaining of the consent of the concerned individual would interfere with such implementation; or
(5) In cases in which the Council outsources certain work relating to the purposes described in Item 1 above, and the Council shares personal information with, or entrusts the same to, such outside contractor; provided that the Council will examine the contractor's system for the management of confidential personal information, execute any necessary agreements with such outside contractor, and will take all other legally required measures.
3. Implementation of Security Measures
The Council will take the security measures reasonably necessary to prevent unauthorized access to, and unauthorized disclosure, loss or destruction of, personal information, in order to maintain the accuracy and to ensure the security of personal information obtained by the Council.
4. Security Measures for the Council’s Web Site
5. Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Held Personal Data
In the event of a request to the Council for disclosure of personal data held by the Council relating to the concerned individual, or of an application to add to, revise or delete the information so disclosed, the Council will disclose, add to or delete such information, as appropriate, following confirmation that the person requesting or making an application for the same is the concerned individual and that such request if appropriate.
However, the Council reserves the right not to disclose all or a portion of the held personal data in question in the any of the following becomes applicable.
(1) In the event of a risk that such disclosure would endanger the life, safety, property, or other rights or benefits of such person or of a third party;
(2) In the event of a risk that such disclosure would significantly interfere with the proper execution of activities of the Council; or
(3) In the event such disclosure might result in the violation of applicable laws or regulations.
For information relating to the actual procedures relating to the disclosure, revision, etc., of held personal data, please refer to the “Procedures for Requesting Disclosure, Etc., of Held Personal Data in the Possession of the Central Council for Financial Services Information.”
Procedures for Requesting Disclosure, Etc., of Held Personal Data in the Possession of the Central Council for Financial Services Information.